There are newer employer reviews for PSEG

A great place to work that offers competitive compensation and a good work life balance.

Current Employee - Manager in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at PSEG full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonus structure. Opportunities to move around within the company. 401k and cash balance pension plan. Stable work environment and job security.

Cons

Some departments are currently understaffed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but make sure to backfill positions if people leave the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was not challenged technically or professionally and counted down the days until I left... about a month after I started

Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Hancocks Bridge, NJ
    Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Hancocks Bridge, NJ

I have been working at PSEG as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The job pays well There are multiple opportunities to move around within the company. You can learn a lot of information IF you take it upon yourself to look up information and go out of your way to ask questions.

Cons

Warning to all potential interns and co-ops: You will do no technical work at all. I have had two previous internships and they made this co-op look like a joke. You will not use any knowledge you have learned in college and you will not be given any real work. I know as an intern/co-op, it's a given that you will have some annoying tasks along with some interesting projects, but there were only secretarial and administrative jobs given to us. To anyone who hasn't been in the nuclear industry, it is extremely slow and bogged down with so many procedures and regulations that a simple two hour task is drawn out for days. Although every engineering group is different, I have seen other co-ops treated like crap. Some groups do not treat interns/co-ops as part of the team and some employees like to make sure you know you are just there to reduce their backlog of menial tasks. I was often told that work was too complex for a co-op, even if it was a basic fluid flow or heat transfer calculation. Employees do not trust interns/co-ops at all and some employees will let you know that too.

Advice to Management

My advice to the managers would be to focus more on the employees. Almost all of the managers spend more time in meetings than supporting employees.

2. Great Experience / Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at PSEG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great safety culture really a grass roots type environment. Team work and pride in ownership at the 1st line and craft level

Cons

Constantly an ever-changing and rapid pace of work, those not focused on the task can easily get off course

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams in the field.