PSS World Medical

www.pssworldmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for PSS World Medical

Employer of Choice ?

I have been working at PSS World Medical

Pros

PSS has good market share and is a solvent and stable corp. There is a small amount of turnover in general.

Cons

although there is a small amount of turnover and the company is constantly performing well employees are made to feel like thier jobs are constantly in jeapordy. They run programs to "save 300 jobs" with the emplyees and then tell the investors we are spot on. Typical hypocritical corprate stuff. they like to tell you they care about you and thats why they want you to save them money.

dont become too big to be agile. Our ability to adapt and overcome situations makes us the distributer of choice. When we limit our selves by installing things like roadnet. we cannot service the customer in certain situations without penalizing the drivers. Touting it as the system ups usses does not hold much water since UPS used it decided it diddnt work and got rid of it at a loss. Shop PSS select items better for quality. Customer satisfaction is at stake.

33 Other Employee Reviews for PSS World Medical (View Most Recent)

If going into Sales, be careful

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at PSS World Medical

Pros

Great opportunities
    Senior Management is realistic about challenges facing the industry, and therefore has a customer focused business agenda
    Create your own schedule
    Unlimited income potential

Cons

For someone "pioneering" a territory (not given any accounts), PSS asks for 3 years but only pays you for 18 months, after that, you are on a straight commission. Recruitment makes a lot of promises but its a totally different story when you are in the field. People who are given business have it MUCH easier. This is much more like starting your own company, which can be very difficult without the proper training (also not the best). Great company to work for, but if interviewing, make sure expectations and what you are getting yourself into are clear.

Training needs to be revamped- make sure leaders are enforcing ride days with reps/trainees. Pay attention to rookies- they want to succeed but need your help!

Good Company .

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at PSS World Medical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work at people are nice and seem to like their jobs. I was very satisfied with my employment.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say.

There are newer employer reviews for PSS World Medical