There are newer employer reviews for PULSE (Texas)

PULSE is a good workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

PULSE is a growing company that has hired new employees every year even during this economic downtime. The management team is very creative and competent and well respected in the industry. The benefits are really strong and there is a emphasis on working as a team with each employee supporting others. There is also a support for a reaonsable work-home life balance.

Cons

The location in downtown Houston means colleagues come from all over the city and that limits our ability to interact outside of work.

Other Employee Reviews for PULSE (Texas)

Great place to work if you don't want to be promoted.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

There is no real pressure to work hard. Most people take 2 hour lunches, and never work past 5. Performance reviews are consistent (1-5 scale, 5 being the highest -- many peers have been told that no one gets above a 3, regardless of how well they do. There has been no exception that I know of in the time I've worked at PULSE). Basically, if you want a low stress job and have tons of experience, it's probably a good place to work. If you're young and well-educated, I strongly advise you look somewhere else.

Cons

The chances of a meaningful promotion are almost zero -- they almost exclusively hire externally. Education is not valued. Almost everyone working there is over 50 and have taken this job to step down from something more strenuous, therefore they are unlikely to leave until they retire. For young people, this is a dead-zone for growth.

2. Fantastic Experience

Former Employee - Operations Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

Taught me everything one would ever need to know regarding the EFT industry. Intern supervisor helped network with several individuals across this industry, while teaching me LEAN/6 sigma techniques for my process improvement/management position. Overall had an EXCELLENT experience, and would recommend to anyone.

Cons

Houston traffic is terrible, however, they reimbursed us for any/all parking expenses.