There are newer employer reviews for Pabst

FUN Business...DEVELOP Outside Sales Business Skills within a Region of varied customer base.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Pabst

Pros

Freedom to work your own schedule. Opportunity to build accounts with your own skills. Opportunity to create sales strategies with your clients/customers. Outside sales, travel within a region. develop sales skills..management skills....self management...time management....business math...marketing....recruiting...skills.
FUN BUSINESS...Variety of customers from Wholesalers to Retailers.....

Cons

Top Management disconnected from reality of marketplace.
Pricing dept. has NO CLUE to your individual markets...and pricing structures of COMPETITION.
Not given the TOOLS or STRATEGIES company wants to accomplish.
Too many CHIEFS...NOT enough Indians...( sooo to speak )
No clear path to ADVANCEMENT within the Company...
Management inside Politics...detriment to company growth.

NOT all Markets are the same....Don't try PRICING and MARKETING Programs as a GENERAL RULE. Adjust to the Marketplace.
Pricing is critical in this business. Pricing Dept OUT OF TOUCH...with Marketplace and REALITY.....

16 Other Employee Reviews for Pabst (View Most Recent)

Until the Metropolous Family bought the company, this was a great place to work.

I worked at Pabst

Pros

Fun brands to sell, great underground/untraditional marketing that resonated with consumers. The people who work at the company were helpful and the small family of employees made it easy to work with all departments to get the job done.

Cons

Once the Metropolous Family bought Pabst, there was a tremendous reduction in workforce. The brightest, most hard working and fun leadership team, were all let go. There is tremendous turnover now, as job satisfaction is null. Communication is terrible and there is no market support to enable the employees to get the job done. I would not reccomend Pabst as a place for anyone with any intelligence to work.

The Metropolous Family need to sell the company before things will get better.

Great back in the day...

I worked at Pabst

Pros

The people...the best coworkers I've ever worked with!!! We used to have such a good time all while still getting our jobs done. Management used to respect its employees.

Cons

New management has no respect for people. They only care about themselves. They're turning a well known Midwest set of beers into Hollywood...its so very sad.

Be upfront and honest with your employees. Don't only think of yourselves. Hopefully turning PBR Hollywood works out for you because I'd hate to see these brands fail.

There are newer employer reviews for Pabst

Worked for Pabst? Contribute to the Community!