Pabst

There are newer employer reviews for Pabst

My time at Pabst

Former Employee - Area Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Area Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Pabst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are so many good people that work for Pabst. I made lots of friends in the 20+ years that I worked there. Oh they make good beer too.

Cons

Over the years I cant think of too much negative about Pabst. I had one Division VP who was very difficult to work for but other than that my time was great.

Empower your people

16 Other Employee Reviews for Pabst (View Most Recent)

Really sad state of affairs, so much untapped opportunity

I worked at Pabst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Small enough if you want to do a lot of things
    - Great brand exposure
    - Really great employees

Cons

- Extremely poor leadership from "Co-CEO's"
    - Great exec leadership group but they do not stick around (see point 1)
    - Really tough unrealistic expectations on goals

Co-CEO's need to get out of the way, stop using the company for their personal use and let the beer pros do what they do. No need for anymore big beer (AB/Miller) types, need to foster a closer unique and GENUINE culture.

Started off great until takeover then evolved into your standard "big beer" culture

I worked at Pabst

Pros

It's a fun brand if you have direct management that embraces what PBR is really about. Not the case with me unfortunately.

Pay is decent.

Cons

Upper level management is filling up with ex-big beer execs who seem disconnected from the brand. The company continues to grow with each passing year yet budgets have shrunk all while extremely aggressive distribution and volume goals are set forth. Its all business of course but to me (and others still there) it feels like they are lining things up to sell the company.

PBR is brewed at Miller-Coors breweries. Yes, PBR does not have a brewery. It kind of takes away some of its credibility in my opinion and I fear many core consumers have no idea.

I think you really had something with PBR. If you fostered a culture like those craft companies that PBR is supposedly aligned with you wouldn't have employees dropping like flies. Also, to the owners, it would be nice to have some sort of communication from you. Annual Sales meeting? No show. Last time I saw one of the owners he was on TMZ.

There are newer employer reviews for Pabst