There are newer employer reviews for Pabst

Could have been much better!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Pabst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Could make your own schedule, some of the people you work with are great! We got to participate in some great events! (If you create them from the ground up)

Cons

Direction and job description changes at a moments notice! Minimal training and direction from senior management. Yearly goals to make bonus were never communicated to staff. Even if your marked was up double digit growth in distribution and new accounts you still did not get a bonus.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who knows and cares about the beer business more than twinkies!

Other Employee Reviews for Pabst

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Pabst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, fun brands that are on an organic upward trend. I'm lucky enough to have a good manager that I can communicate with open and honestly.

Cons

Low pay, well below the industry average. Disconcerting when the company is owned by multi-millionaires. It's obvious the owners are priming to sell, but say they are in for the long haul. Keeping expenses low allows the balance sheet to stay in the black, something important for potential buyers.

Advice to Management

Why a no-show at the national sales meeting? If you're not committed enough to take your private jet on a short flight to thank your employees, why should I work my tail off to pay for your jet fuel?

Great company bad owners

I have been working at Pabst full-time

Pros

Great Brands that sell themselves, some awesome people in the field, Marketing pre 2010 was great, Field Marketing Team is still great.

Cons

Since the Metropoulous Family bought the company Pabst has really gone down hill. In less than 3 years there has been 4 presidents, 4 CMO's, 5 HR VP's and a bunch of turnover in the staff effectively eliminating any true leadership and guidance. The perks (office line, internet, vacation and flex days have all been eliminated or reduced). The bonus program is substandard. The marketing team does not know what they are doing. Not a family friendly company.