Pace Analytical

www.pacelabs.com
  www.pacelabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pace Analytical

Good "stepping stone" job and learned a lot, but not a company I'd want to work for as a career.

Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I in Schenectady, NY
Former Employee - Environmental Lab Technician I in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Pace Analytical

Pros

-Clean facility
-Most co-workers were pleasant
-Schenectady lab management was friendly, kind, and helpful
-Good health benefits options

Cons

-Very low pay considering all the chemicals an employee is exposed to
-Regional and corporate management is not friendly and seems greedy
-Dredge overtime
-Cheap on pay raises and bonuses

Being a lab tech at Pace was a good first year working experience, but not good to make a career out of. Not that much opportunity for higher positions unless you want to be an analyst. I agree with the previous review in that there was much corporate greed. Actual facility management was nice but regional management was not. The management also seemed to play favorites at times, luckily I was one of them but if you're not then you will be upset. Feels more like "a job" rather than satisfying career in most employmentpositions, which is why I say it's better for work experience rather than as a career.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Pace Analytical (View Most Recent)

Good learning experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pace Analytical

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities in the company if you are willing to relocate. And there are 19 laboratories across the country.

Cons

If you cannot relocate, you do not have much growth opportunity if you are not in the Minneapolis area.

More autonomy and less stringent rules like how approval of sick time works. Also, less push back when vacations are requested.

Good first job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical

Pros

I like my fellow co-workers. There is a good corporate lifestyle in place, at least on paper or in theory.

Cons

My good nature is taken advantage of. A non-compete agreement was signed, but the implications are laughable. Worked like a dog with little recognition.

Stop stifling creativity, reward motivation, stop punishing people for pursuing opportunities. Start recognizing hard work and reduce nepotism. Value employees, please!

There are newer employer reviews for Pace Analytical