Pacific Capital Bancorp

www.pcbancorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp

Solid People Here

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

The people you work with here at PCB are some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. It is a genuine family environment.

Cons

There is a disconnect between senior management and the daily operations of the bank. They don't seem to have a real direction in which to take the company right now.

Let's get back to basics. Downsizing jobs is only one way to reduce costs. We have been spending money foolishly while at the same time cutting back on employees.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Going through hard times

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

Friendly, humane people. The company is well respected in the community. They do everything "by the book" as far as treating you well, benefits, etc.

Cons

As a bank, security is understandably tight in the IT department. However, it seems to be overly so at the expense of letting me do my job in a timely manner. Also, some of the technology and the ways of doing things seem dated. Finally, there is the elephant in the room of how much longer we will even exist.

Keep on keeping us informed about how things are going. Try to keep us open, and keep doing little things such as lunches and open forums to keep the troops informed.

Fair treatment, but no budget for employee appreciation.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

Management tries to match your interests and abilities when assigning work. There is rarely confusion about what is expected. There is lengthy documentation for everything.

Cons

Hinting at promotions is a frequent tactic for soothing and mollifying restless employees, but these promotions do not materialize.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp