There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp

Life inside the

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

As a large community bank, it's pretty much the only game in town unless you want to work for one of the nation-wide banks. For mid-level & higher jobs, the pay exceeds the industry standard. Cash infusion from the Ford Group has stabilized the organization; there is a wait and see attitude on what will happen. The Ford Group is now at the helm of the executive leadership & could represent the catalyst for change that has been sorely needed. Many nice, under-utilized people.

Cons

Below the executive leadership level, politics reign supreme in every aspect of work, unfortunately. The organization does not seem focused on actually getting itself operating in a substantive, profitable, truthful manner. The image presented to the community is disconnected from how the bank really functions. Existing management needs a housecleaning. Many employees have worked at the bank forever and have become complacent or turn their heads on the ineptness, inefficiency and underhandedness that seems to represent the place. True talent is not encouraged and in many areas, people who will not rock the boat are more valued and rewarded than those with competence. New management has been brought in that appear to be more concerned with their survival than in getting what could be a great organization back on its feet. Read the 2008 posting. The more things change, the less things change?

Become leaders in the truest sense of the word-- establish trust & talent among your employees, not just your followers; strive to re-establish a real bank; think strategically beyond your personal existence; take calculated risks for the benefit of the bank, its shareholders and the community.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Solid People Here

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

The people you work with here at PCB are some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. It is a genuine family environment.

Cons

There is a disconnect between senior management and the daily operations of the bank. They don't seem to have a real direction in which to take the company right now.

Let's get back to basics. Downsizing jobs is only one way to reduce costs. We have been spending money foolishly while at the same time cutting back on employees.

Going through hard times

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros

Friendly, humane people. The company is well respected in the community. They do everything "by the book" as far as treating you well, benefits, etc.

Cons

As a bank, security is understandably tight in the IT department. However, it seems to be overly so at the expense of letting me do my job in a timely manner. Also, some of the technology and the ways of doing things seem dated. Finally, there is the elephant in the room of how much longer we will even exist.

Keep on keeping us informed about how things are going. Try to keep us open, and keep doing little things such as lunches and open forums to keep the troops informed.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Capital Bancorp