Pacific Cheese

Rewarding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

I worked at Pacific Cheese

Pros

Innovation, no excess red tape

Cons

clash of egos at the top

Never forget the customer comes first.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Cheese (View Most Recent)

A lot of potential but an illusion of growth

I worked at Pacific Cheese

Pros

Good strategic position - West Coast and Southwest, excess capacity, recognized in the industry, solid core business, diverse offerings
    Showing signs of addressing issues
    Ability to invest

Cons

Sales declining, no real plan to address
    Retail business has been all smoke and mirrors
    Suffered through product recall

Fix problems related to product quality, change out the Sales leadership to people who will grow the business

QA department is a good way to go.

Current Employee - QA Tech in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - QA Tech in Reno, NV

I have been working at Pacific Cheese full-time (less than an year)

Pros

QA department has decent wages. Never short on work hours. Middle management tries to help you and is friendly. The relationship between QA and Production is healthy; production leads and supervisors work with you as QA, minimal bickering. Benefits are average, upper management is ok. More vacation time for the first year than retail or casinos. This company recently achieved SQF 3 (a higher standard of Safe, Quality Food so companies that require this certification will become interested in this company now. It is certainly growing.)

Cons

If you don't want over-time, it is a bit hard to deal. Sometimes you have to put in either 6 days of 8.5-9 hours or 5 days of 10+ hours. Production associates have to start as temps who don't get paid very well and are expected to work heavy labor plus overtime. This causes high turnover for production associates in some areas.

I sometimes wish work-life balance was a little higher on priorities, but I know American Corporations can't conceive of doing this because it won't help the bottom line. This would include things such as more vacation time (although this company provides more vacation time at the first year than any retail/casino I've worked for, but still nowhere near our European counterparts) and less overtime with a little more pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Cheese