Pacific Coast Feather

great company

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pacific Coast Feather

Pros

Management is committed to work life balance. Team atmosphere. Great co-workers. Solid employee appreciation. Reasonable benefits for a smaller company.

Cons

Flat structure because it is smaller.

I cannot think of any advice to offer the management.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Coast Feather (View Most Recent)

Pacific Coast Feather is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Account Administrator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Administrator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pacific Coast Feather

Pros

The corporate culture is very supportive. The company is very flexible with time-off. Special projects are assigned periodically. Each November, the company conducts a United Way Pledge Drive, with very high response levels.

Cons

As with all companies, this company is currently experiencing the challenges brought about by the current economic situation.

I appreciate the weekly updates provided to employees at all levels of the organization on a weekly basis. This shows a level of transparency that is not common.

Pacific Coast Feather is overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - IT Systems Support  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT Systems Support in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pacific Coast Feather

Pros

Pacific Coast Feather, Corp office - Great benefits and work environment, there is a general feel of family promoted among the employees. In most departments there is a general expectation of personal responsibility and so micro managing is not the norm. At times it may feel as though I work for myself. There is an employee gym along with locker room facilities. There is also a game room with ping pong, air hockey and foosball. Pacific Coast Feather will give people chances other companies won't. I.e. take people with less experience and train them. Pacific Coast Feather is a great place for non management employees to gain experience needed before moving to a higher paying company. The employee discounts on company bedding products are awesome. Sometimes 50 to 70 percent. Over all Pacific Coast Feather is a great place to work.

Cons

Because of low textile industry profits, respective jobs tend to be below what other industries pay for the same basic skill sets. Because of the lower profits, fewer people are expected to carry a larger work load than other companies might expect. There is a majority of long term employees in management, (10 to 25 years and so the chance of advancement may be determined by a retirement.

Move to a strictly pay by performance system rather than a yearly percentage increase.
    Pay bonuses by performance rather than flat percentage per year.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Coast Feather

Worked for Pacific Coast Feather? Contribute to the Community!