Pacific Convenience & Fuels

www.pcandf.com
  www.pcandf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Convenience & Fuels

Challenging environment

I have been working at Pacific Convenience & Fuels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people
Fast pace - never a dull moment
Great offices - clean well maintained
Fun exercise classes for free
There is always food and snacks

Cons

No traction due to constant turnover
Expensive benefits
Constant turnover
No job security
Always fear of being fired

22 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Convenience & Fuels (View Most Recent)

Serious issues with upper management - 8 CFOs in just over 4 years

I worked at Pacific Convenience & Fuels full-time

Pros

There are some very hard working, good employees working there.

Cons

This company seems to thrive on chaos. Not only have they been through 8 CFOs in just over 4 years in business, but they seem to encourage and reward back-stabbing, laziness, and taking credit for the work of others. I personally was uncomfortable with the ethics of some of the decisions made by the leadership of the company, and personally witnessed on several occasions the CEO of the company dressing down, belittling, and denigrating current and past employees. The work environment was very uncomfortable, everyone constantly walking on eggshells and concerned about keeping their jobs. I have serious doubts this company will be in business in the next 5 years.

Advice to upper management is irrelevant. If you don't have the same opinion as the CEO, there is absolutely no chance of having your ideas or suggestions considered or implemented.

First day and I already know this company is no good.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spring Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spring Valley, CA

I have been working at Pacific Convenience & Fuels part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free drinks (with personal cup), and apparently laziness is acceptable!

Cons

Getting hired here was a terrible experience. After 2 interviews and much patience I was hired and scheduled for next week. I was asked to come in at 9am to start my training. After completing all the paper work online at home and reading the handbook; I started my first day of training, I arrived at the scheduled time, fitting the dress code policy( minus the company issued "circle K" t-shirt), and was immediately told that they did not have a shirt for me so I had to go and buy a new plain red shirt immediately and I was not going to get paid for that time either. After returning from the store I clocked in by writing the time on paper and began my training. Keep in mind I was working with the store manager and the lead CSR.

I quickly learned that this company expects one person making minimum wage to juggle many tasks while working alone. And of course they make sure to give the you bare legal limit of work time and breaks. Anyways, throughout the day I was taught how to use the cash register and do the basic tasks.

Despite asking a few times throughout the day I was never showed how to make the prepared food or coffee or even the policies on them. In fact, the whole 8 hours I was there not one employee did anything with the food, or maybe it's okay to sell food that has been there for over 8 hours? Also the coffee was never changed. I was showed once how to mix the different batches together when they were running low to clean the other containers.

Those points so far show me that this company does not care about its employees or its customers and it goes against my beliefs and its not a company I want to represent. But I'm not done yet!

I was briefly showed how to start a new drawer and then I got my own. They trained me well on how to use the cash register, and they must have thought I was doing well because I was asked to stay longer then my scheduled shift and WAS LEFT ALONE with an also new employee who (during the busiest part of the day) had to help teach me how to close the drawer while being the only cashier. Not only that but I was handed an order invoice by the manager as she raced out the door and was asked to count the fresh merchandise and make sure it matched the invoice and then put it all away. I had never done this before and I had no idea on proper protocols for these tasks.

At the end of the day I felt so lost and confused. With little help from the only other working employee who was slammed with customers and no time to help me. I ended up half-ass closing my drawer and leaving even later than expected.

The only thing this company cares about is making money, with little regard for its customers and even less for their employees. They couldn't even put out any fresh hot dogs! I tomorrow will proudly walk into the store and resign from my position promising to never work for a such a company again.

My advice to upper management is to resign from your job or start caring about what goes on in your stores. If this is my experience on my first day, surely the deeper I dig the worse it'll get.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Convenience & Fuels