Pacific Dental Services

www.pacificdentalservices.com
  www.pacificdentalservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

Stable healthcare company in growth mode = Impressive!

Current Employee - National Support Position  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - National Support Position in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

I am a National Support employee (4+ months) here in Irvine, CA. My review is specific to the the culture here at our 'corporate' headquarters. We have over 300 employees in this office (marketing, IT, finance, HR, real estate, development, etc.). We recenlty moved into this new location off of Red Hill / Alton and have to say it is a beautiful mix of form and function. Based off of silicon valley, it feels very much like a start-up company, open, spacious, and collaborative.

Pros:
-stable, stable, stable (in this still recovering economy)
-depending on department/position; plenty of flexibility and room for growth
-change, process improvements, new blood (I see all of this as positives)
-the company has hired over 1000+ employees in the first 6-months of 2013.
-I personally have a great team and a spectacular supervisor

Cons

We are not going to win any awards for benefits. Health insurance can be pricey for families.

148 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Dental Services (View Most Recent)

Say it ain't so

Current Employee - Associate Dentist
    Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for fresh grad dentists. Cerec machine is very cool. I love Emax crowns. Free CE courses, although many are mandatory which sucks. BC coordinators are very happy here.

Cons

Unfortunately everything described in the Cons section by other associate dentists in their reviews, both current and former, are true. The management does what's best for them. They don't care about the "lifetime value of a patient" or the patient perfect experience. In my manager's eyes, s/he won't be around for that long so s/he only cares about maximizing the numbers to benefit him/herself now. To him/her, it's not about patient care; it's about him/her numbers today for "who knows what tomorrow holds" (A common PDS quote).

Stop trying to affect treatment plans and bully the associate dentists. Do you think a few months or years working in the dental field means that you can tell the dentist how to treat his/her patient? At work, dentistry is the easy part... it is dealing with my manager that's the most frustrating part of my day.

Lack of leadership

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work Monday thru Friday

Cons

Upper management and the way you are lead and "coached"

Learn what "micromanagement" means then figure out how not to do it

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

Worked for Pacific Dental Services? Contribute to the Community!