There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

Data Entry / Customer Service

Current Contractor - Data Entry
Current Contractor - Data Entry

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Company is ok to work for but has bad management

Cons

Bad management in the phoenix corporate office

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome, growing company - truly cares about employees and patients!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Highly effective business model for dentists, patients and employees
    Growing very fast - tons of development opportunities
    High energy, highly motivated, driven managers and team members
    Smart decision making derived from data
    Culture of caring - patient and patient experience always comes first, heavily involved in charity and giving back both locally and globally
    I left a large, industry leading organization to join PDS earlier this year and could not be happier. So exciting to work for a growing company headquartered in CA!

Cons

PDS has grown very quickly over the past few years and there are some corporate systems/departments that have not quite kept pace for a company at current size but I'm encouraged there are plans in place to address these.
    Some components of benefits and time off package not as competitive as other companies of similar size.

Please continue to be open to employee feedback and exploring new ideas - we have a great foundation and am so excited for our future!

Unorganized, unprofessional, not supportive.

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Henderson, NV

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Stable working hours - long lunch.

Cons

Lots of office politics (I experienced this at not only one office but three separate offices all within the southern Nevada area), inadequate training on all levels - including management. Lack of direction, cheap tactics to up-sale patients - moral absence. Too many people involved in office politics from the base office all the way up the chain of command - no one you can trust.

If you're looking to be successful in your business hire people who have been previously trained for their position. This goes for all positions. A college education is nothing to be afraid of - although I understand that the reason you do hire people right out of high school is so that you don't have to pay them the salary of those with a college degree.

Clean up the management - at least in the southern Nevada region. Upon my second day with Pacific Dental Services my then manager had a temper tantrum in front of not only myself but 3 patients. She was upset due to the fact that the doctor had criticized her for not allowing me to take on more tasks. She openly admitted to me that she "hated training" - why is she a manager if that is the case?

The next manager I was under was constantly on the phone to other managers talking about other offices and the people in it who weren't doing so well - isn't there something better she could be doing with her time besides speaking badly of other managers?

The third and final manager I worked for showed up 2 hours late on my third day of being there and was so hung over that she didn't work the entire day - she spent her time in the bathroom throwing up and in the back sleeping it off. This was not her last time being late or unprepared for work as it was a common theme for her to be more than an hour late or hungover from the previous night.
    Also this manager openly allowed her sister and her sisters friends to come and fool around all over the office! During one occurrence the managers sister came in wearing very revealing clothing and was dancing provocatively and singing as loud as she could in front of customers in the waiting room. The manager did nothing to stop her sister. While the manager was on vacation her sister came in and was using the computers to help her friend get out of some traffic violation.
    Worse yet this manager and the doctor in that office were involved in sending demeaning emails back and forth to one another about their own employees *myself included*, and even the patients! I was pulled into the doctors office on more than one occasion and openly blamed for the fact that her office is failing. Sadly the doctor and her manager have not taken the time to evaluate their own behaviors as a possible cause of their failures.

I was so unimpressed with the lack of professionalism, and care for the patient that I had to part ways with this company in an immediate fashion. It is unfortunate that it had to end the way it did but I am glad that I am currently allowing myself to be treated the way I should be treated and to be able to be in an environment where the customer is important.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services