Pacific Dental Services

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

PDS Has Redefined Practicing Dentistry For Me

Current Employee - General Dentist
Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

PDS has helped me do some of the best dentistry I have ever done in my life. They have helped me adopt new technology and given me the space to diagnose and treat my patients with excellence. The support staff has been on the cutting edge of what is happening in dentistry and has given me wise council to help grow my office.

Cons

Being a part of PDS, in many ways, is operating a private practice. I actually really like the model, but be aware, as a doctor you are going to have to grow your own practice, as you would if you started your own. I think PDS follows up the private practice plus model as they call it, with solid support and help, but this is not traditional corporate dentistry.

Keep trying to capture the hearts, minds and attention of all the doctors and support staff. Celebrating the successes of a few is great and interesting for a little while, but I feel like you loose our attention when you focus too much on that. There are too many things that run through our minds as to why someone else's successes would not work in our particular practice, because these are private practice plus offices and somewhat individualized.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Dental Services (View Most Recent)

Great company filled with great people

Current Employee - Human Resources National Support in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources National Support in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company, great people, love my team, upper management is driven, energetic and want to help you grow. Daily huddles to get everyone excited for the day and on the same page. Tons of growth opportunities - so with that, there are also areas for improvement, which also allows for you to gain visibility as an employee. Always room to improve and innovate.

Cons

With it opening so many offices, there are areas of improvement... BUT you can look at this as a positive - there are many areas of opportunity and growth for you as an employee, lots of visibility, and more importantly - ways for you to make a positive change.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Growth, is what I could say. I have been working at PDS for 12yrs now. It would be hard to think of working elsewhere.

Cons

It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to survive and prosper. I'm ok with that.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services