Pacific Dental Services

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services

PDS Has Redefined Practicing Dentistry For Me

Current Employee - General Dentist
Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

PDS has helped me do some of the best dentistry I have ever done in my life. They have helped me adopt new technology and given me the space to diagnose and treat my patients with excellence. The support staff has been on the cutting edge of what is happening in dentistry and has given me wise council to help grow my office.

Cons

Being a part of PDS, in many ways, is operating a private practice. I actually really like the model, but be aware, as a doctor you are going to have to grow your own practice, as you would if you started your own. I think PDS follows up the private practice plus model as they call it, with solid support and help, but this is not traditional corporate dentistry.

Keep trying to capture the hearts, minds and attention of all the doctors and support staff. Celebrating the successes of a few is great and interesting for a little while, but I feel like you loose our attention when you focus too much on that. There are too many things that run through our minds as to why someone else's successes would not work in our particular practice, because these are private practice plus offices and somewhat individualized.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Dental Services (View Most Recent)

My Ongoing Work Experience with PDS - Part 2. Love It Even More!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I posted a review well over a year ago but I wanted to add more about my continued experience working for this company. I have been with PDS for over 5 years now. In my role I work closely with upper management and the executive team so I feel I have a pretty good overall perspective of this company's underlying philosophy towards its goals and its employees. Here's the secret: if you are intelligent, driven, believe in the company and its core beliefs and put 100% + into your job - you WILL be rewarded. Not only with promotions, compensation and accolades, but with the personal satisfaction that goes along with it. That is the secret of good employee retention - you can be paid well and promoted in any job but the feeling you carry home with you at the end of the day is what makes one stay. I am fortunate enough to say I have that feeling every day! Additionally, I am proud to say that PDS is a trailblazer in its industry, meaning we pave the path that others - and we are not afraid to do it. PDS does not wait to walk in the footsteps of others. While this may be a risky position to take sometimes, it is the risk-takers that set the course for the future. This is a personal philosophy in which I can identify. The nay-sayers in the negative posts on Glassdoor are either no longer with the company or unfortunately have had bad isolated personal experiences which are NOT common at PDS; they could happen at any company and but these few individuals have turned to the internet for an audience. With over 5,000 employees a company cannot appease all 5,000 of us at the same time, and if PDS was as bad as its few negative comments, it would not be in business. If you are smart, have a positive attitude, a great personality and are not afraid to work hard - come work with us!!

Cons

None - unless you're looking for a free ride, getting paid for putting in a half-ass effort or having a constant negative attitude - in those cases then don't work here (especially not in my department).

Keep up the good work, and do not ever let go of that courage to move in directions others are afraid to go.

It is a privilege to work for PDS!

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Integrity, autonomy, talented people, operationally sound, charity involvement, commitment to excellence in all areas, cares about employees, provides opportunities. PDS has pride, passion and purpose and visionary leaders who continue to outperform competitors and attract the best talent!

Cons

There are not negatives to working for PDS. Job satisfaction is about what you bring to the table and the commitment you have to be the best and work for the best! Those who are lucky enough to be selected to join PDS and share the core values of the company will excel and love their job! This is the place to be if you desire excellence and you want to work for the BEST Dental Company in America!

Keep raising the bar and hire only the best! PDS ROCKS!

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Dental Services