Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

It could have been better if I had continued working after 10+ yrs. w/company instead of quitting & starting over again.

Senior Technical Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric

ProsPG&E has great benefits and retirement package and severance package if you were one of the unfortunate to be laid-off, as I was.

ConsThey seem to have lay-offs when you least expect it and on an ongoing basis. To trransfer seem a lot to be based on who you know and not what you know I notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot only should they seem to notice the bad in an employee and be critical in what needs to be improved, they should make more apparent to those that do well or above expectations and compliment more, as well.

It's a job

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros: Great Benefits, opportunities for education. Cons: Pay structure inflexible, HR dept is a horror story, IT is in the dark ages and over… Advice to Senior Management: quit trying to put everything into number metrics, listen to your employees and… More

Good Job, Nice People

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros: It allows me to work on important energy issues and… Cons: It is a fairly stagnant company in terms of overall growth. Therefore, it is hard to… Advice to Senior Management: I would encourage management to provide development opportunities for young employees. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.