Pacific Gas and Electric

Working in Information Technology at PG&E

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time

Pros

Opportunities to work with new technology and significant investment in leading technologies

Cons

IT senior leadership does not have experience working in a regulated industry; also VERY limited experience working with utilities. New leadership model may not be effective. Business clients likely to realize limitations of leadership and become disenchanted. Senior leadership removed from and seems to be very disinterested in employee welfare and employee engagement.

Leverage experience of employee base that have significant utility experience and knowledge with customer base; executive leadership needs to become more engaged with employees at all levels.

444 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Employee Resource Groups
    -Corporate offices in downtown SF
    -Nice collegues
    -New leadership

Cons

-HR is one of the worse I've seen. HR Reps not taking responsibility for their actions. They even re-hired an individual that was fired for some wrong doings and did not realize it until an old employee from the former dept found that he was working there again. HR's response was that they "lost" his records. They are also slow and at times unresponsive.
    -Lots of long lifers there. Nothing wrong with that, but when you have to make a change, like another guy said in his review, it's like steering a ship. Some people there have been there for so long they can't think outside the box
    -Lots of bad press from San Bruno
    -Technology is wayyy behind compared to other companies of their size. Although they have a new CIO and she seems to be turning things around.

A plant run by fear

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avila Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avila Beach, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros

Committed employees who really want to do the right thing and often have the experience and insight to know what the right thing should be.

Cons

Fear and control best describe management style at our plant. Management knows they should engage their employees but they don't. My suspicion is they know they won't hear what they want to hear.

I have no advice to management because they wouldn't listen. I have advice to current and future employees... run away, run away screaming.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric