Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Never get too comfortable - you may be out of job without much notice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, great pay, work life balance - far better than most private companies. Very culturally diverse and a clear focus on promoting women.

ConsBack door politics, constant lay-offs and re-hiring (except those laid off), poor public image, constant leadership change, nepotism, favoritism, poor management/leadership and motivated entirely by profits. Senior management is "Untouchable" and so very unapproachable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a continuous look at your leadership and get rid of the poor performing managers. Position the company as the "employer of choice". Hire a top PR firm to clean up your public image. Begin lay offs from the top down and practice Change Management.

What are we doing here?

Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits and salary, great location to live Cons: We are a command & control, compliance culture. Advice to Senior Management: Stop acting as if your primary motiviation is to stay out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This place discriminates Jews!!!

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits, salary, training if your supervisor allows it Cons: A company that promotes Hitlerian Anti-Semitism, where Jews are systematically… Advice to Senior Management: Follow through on your stated values! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.