Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

California classic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsEmployees have a sense of mission, dedication to serving the customer base. The fundamentals of the company are solid and it obtains energy from hydro, coal, gas, and nuclear. Working toward integrating alternative energy sources.

ConsRegulatory structure inhibits innovation, raises costs, but that is par for the course with regulated companies. Perhaps a bigger problem is that the company is too inbred at least in IT org. IT leadership has changed recently, but it remains to be seen if innovation follows. Change is slow and difficult for many to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to integrate outside perspectives and experiences. Congrats on effective dealings with reg bodies.

The worst place I ever worked

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros: None. The employee benefits are not even that good, stop lying… Cons: 1. No equality in pay across different lines of business 2. No equality in promotional opportunities 3. Poor communication amongst all levels 4. Bureaucracy makes it impossible… Advice to Senior Management: The recent changes are not enough. The company needs to look at how, where, and when, the money is spent. If any senior executive is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for minorities and women to advance. Great opportunities for educational assistance.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Exceptional employer for benefits, medical, education, holidays, and vacation. Educational opportunity excellent.… Cons: Slow moving large company. Just replaced many senior executives that were milking the money from shareholders. Management does not look at prior job skills, and… Advice to Senior Management: Management has very poor resource management ability. They need better tools to manage the growth pipeline and not bombarb their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.