Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

The worst place I ever worked

Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsNone.
The employee benefits are not even that good, stop lying to yourself. Please go work in another utility and see for yourself.

Cons1. No equality in pay across different lines of business
2. No equality in promotional opportunities
3. Poor communication amongst all levels
4. Bureaucracy makes it impossible to get things done
5. Please stop with the "do more with less non-sense". The company is not efficient enough to do more with less. How about fire some of those useless directors, then we can actually have money to hire people that can actually do the work!
6. The directors and above do not know what they are doing, please evaluate their competency and value to the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent changes are not enough. The company needs to look at how, where, and when, the money is spent. If any senior executive is looking at this, please reduce the layers, why do we have VP, Sr. Dir, Dir, Sr. Mgr, Mgr, and Sup? Why is some line of business with more layer than others? What is the value of those directors that do not do anything but sit around? The best way to see who is adding value is to talk to the employees and ask them. If you ask genuinely, they will tell you.

Great place for minorities and women to advance. Great opportunities for educational assistance.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Exceptional employer for benefits, medical, education, holidays, and vacation. Educational opportunity excellent.… Cons: Slow moving large company. Just replaced many senior executives that were milking the money from shareholders. Management does not look at prior job skills, and… Advice to Senior Management: Management has very poor resource management ability. They need better tools to manage the growth pipeline and not bombarb their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The ultimate bureaucracy

Senior Computer Programmer/Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: extensive telecommuting lots of new and interesting work to do modernizing systems culture… Cons: Bureaucratic Promotion by association Constant reorgs Projects are rushed at inception, rather than… Advice to Senior Management: Create anonymous site for comments, and require that all senior directors and above read every comment Create a monthly recognition and rewards program… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.