Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Loved job, inconsistent leadership

Substation Maintenance (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent wages, benefits, steady employment

ConsMId level and higher management too centered on protecting own job to be effective leaders. Little reciprocation of loyalty towards subordinates. Identifying and correcting problems secondary to cya.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide genuine direction and support for solutions. Be consistent and utilize proven practices. Stop trying to reinvent the company every three years, which leads to unreasonable amounts of regulation and confusion. Attitude is more important than bureaucratic micromanagement.

Great internship experience

Engineering Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Got to experience doing real work and not some busy work made up for an intern. Traveled fairly often to various project sites to ensure that… Cons: None that come to mind.... well some of the online… Advice to Senior Management: Respect and take care of all employees - this was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do not work for the Information Security department. Can't speak for other departments.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time

Pros: Good salary, good benefits, worked with great, talented folks until… Cons: Where do I begin. From late 2011 until somewhat recently, the Information Security department hemorrhaged employees. It started with a *mass* lay off in late… Advice to Senior Management: What has taken place over the past year would be fitting for an MBA program case study in how "not to eviscerate your IT security… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.