Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Stop all your complaining and be happy you got a job! Could be without.

Director's Assistant (Current Employee)
San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPay, Benefits, Flexiable schedule, no watch dog mentality. Friendly Co-Workers, Modern technology and very reflective of diversity of people working in company.

ConsBuercracey upper management. Too many business process loop holes. Too many middle people who don't know their job descpription. Too many Contract Employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your department before you ask us to ask you questions that you can't answer!

The Cons out-weigh the Pros

Administrative (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits...which most companies offer - health, dental,401k plan etc. There is a possibility… Cons: -Good old boys club in management - been at PG&E for years, but are not skilled or competant -HR sides with management, so they can… Advice to Senior Management: Legal intervention will cost the company greatly, so try to… More

Pacific Gas and Electric--advancement and career development

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong culture of hiring from within. Large organization, culturally acceptable to move horizontally into roles/jobs… Cons: Lack or flimsy career development paths. Narrow and constrained role definitiion. Culture does not reward initiative or proactivity, rather it is punished and… Advice to Senior Management: revamp rewards systems to support and encourage proactivity and initiative in employees. Finely tune career paths and competencies within career… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.