Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Fast tracked up the career ladder

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsVery supportive of younger employees. Lots of opportunities for growth and support for additional education. Although there was a distinct structure to the company, most people had an open door policy and you could get time when you needed it.

ConsLong hours, stressful environment. We had a lot of responsibilities and there was little room for mistakes when you have the eyes of management, customers, protestors and the utility commission on you at all times.

Stop all your complaining and be happy you got a job! Could be without.

Director's Assistant (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pay, Benefits, Flexiable schedule, no watch dog mentality. Friendly Co-Workers, Modern… Cons: Buercracey upper management. Too many business process loop holes. Too many… Advice to Senior Management: Learn your department before you ask us to ask you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Cons out-weigh the Pros

Administrative (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits...which most companies offer - health, dental,401k plan etc. There is a possibility… Cons: -Good old boys club in management - been at PG&E for years, but are not skilled or competant -HR sides with management, so they can… Advice to Senior Management: Legal intervention will cost the company greatly, so try to… More
There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.