Review of my employer PG&E

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros

Great work and very good people

Cons

Not anything I can think of right now

Advice to Management

They are doing a good job

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

25+ yrs with PG&E, and it is the worst it's ever been.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Comparable salaries/wages, job movement and advancement are available, benefits are good.

Cons

Culture of fear and intimidation, unfortunately, is now the norm. Micromanagement is at its worst. If in management, morals and principals are to be left at home.

Advice to Management

CEO - Tony Earley and President - Chris Johns should not turn a blind eye or willfully condone, senior and middle management actions and behavior towards employees. This was once a great company, a real family. I had high hopes when Tony Earley came on board as CEO, that we would get back to that, but we seem to be drifting further and further away, at an alarming rate.

Bureaucratic Paradise

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to move around if you don't like your current position. Pretty tough to get fired. Good job security and benefits.

Cons

Extremely slow-moving and frustrating company to work for. A nightmarish level of red-tape and bureaucracy. A glut of incompetent managers and executives. Lots of office politics and ladder-climbers. Lack of good standards and procedures, but they have only been around for 100+ years, so maybe I should give them a break. Lots of hypocrisy, management says one thing, but does another. Land of the status quo.

Advice to Management

Become competent in the area that you manage. Manage the business as if you were a part-owner. Think about your customers and employees before yourselves. Resist the entitlement mentality.