Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Good Company, Family Oriented

Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat pay compared to other companies. Supportive coworkers. Family oriented allows for work-life balance. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and move up. Pension! Benefits are some of the best.

ConsReally far behind on technology and getting individual trained to the latest software. Slow IT implementations. Every department has a very different culture. Slow to move. Culture is too restrictive to engaging employees outside of work.

Great place to learn the industry

Systems Operator (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A fascinating industry to work in and a lot of… Cons: Sometimes feels like opinions are not given enough consideration Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

25+ yrs with PG&E, and it is the worst it's ever been.

San Jose, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Comparable salaries/wages, job movement and advancement are available, benefits are… Cons: Culture of fear and intimidation, unfortunately, is now the norm. Micromanagement is at… Advice to Senior Management: CEO - Tony Earley and President - Chris Johns should not turn a blind eye or willfully condone, senior and middle management actions and behavior… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.