Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com

Dead Wood

Project Manager (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGood intentions re investments governance and budget forecasting.

ConsSome under-performers continue on year after year. Managers prefer not to go through the process of letting go. This results in demotivating others and compromising on quality and safety.

Corporate priorities and focus may be misguided - primary investments should be on safety and reliability of power grid/infrastructure; and not on reporting metrics to the Public Utilities Commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome companies go through releasing the bottom performers every couple of years - an enterprise is only as good as its people.

Positive experience overall

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Ease of lateral movements, work/life balance Cons: Less than great trickle-down of information. Quite a bit… Advice to Senior Management: Be better organized Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bureaucratic Paradise

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Plenty of opportunity to move around if you don't like your current… Cons: Extremely slow-moving and frustrating company to work for. A nightmarish level of red-tape and bureaucracy. A glut of incompetent managers and executives.… Advice to Senior Management: Become competent in the area that you manage. Manage the business as if you were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!