There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Good people working hard

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The line and gas workers as well as the other folks (engineers, environmental scientists) I meet try hard to give good customer service and to do their best job on a daily basis.

Cons

I have met some unscrupulous managers - but I have met some awesome conscientious managers as well.

Take some risks for your customers. The State of California should be opposed sometimes, because they don't have your customers best interests at heart. I give to you the example of energy alerts, where they tell the customers to cut their power use. So people have to "suffer" because you can't tell the CPUC that you need more base load (NG power plants)? There shouldn't be blackouts because there isn't enough energy, and the customers shouldn't be paying $0.31 per kWh - the highest in the nation so that the politicians can make their green constituents feel good about themselves.

418 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

Good Company, Great People

Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good pay, benefits are great, and training is provided and encouraged.

Cons

Union employees abuse their rights to not work. Management doesn't always look ahead for long term planning.

Get some fresh employees in the company.

Best internship so far in my career

Former Employee - Gas Operations Intern in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Gas Operations Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Gained some good engineering experience. The internship is what you make it. Sometimes my boss was really busy so I used the opportunity to learn from other engineering departments. I learnt a lot. Everyone was really nice, willing to help you with whatever questions you had. Had opportunity to go out to the field with other engineers. I think it is something about the company but people really go out to help you. You meet smart, funny and really humble people here. Intern social events were also preety good. I would recommend taking an internship with them. Pay is good too. If you have a good personality and are willing to learn, it should be a lot of fun.

Cons

Nothing really. Engage interns with more projects.

Engage interns with more projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric