There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Not what it used to be...

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent compensation, good work/life balance. benefits are not what they used to be, but, are still above average.

Cons

Quality and safe work is not valued here anymore. Speed, cost, and profit drive all facets of the business today. Gone are the days where focus on the customer, safety, and quality are top priorities. The company used to be focused on long term success not short term gains, however, today it is more about pulling every last drop out of revenue from customers to make larger profits. The general offices in SF are filled with folks running the business without any exposure of what's going on in the field. Employees used to be valued and not just tossed away every 2-3 years in a continuous cycle of reorganizations of departments.

Advice to Management

Return to keeping a solid long term plan in place and truly keep working toward that goal. Value and listen to your experienced employees and truly care about them. Morale is terrible mostly due to constant cutbacks and reorganizations in the same departments every 2 years.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best internship so far in my career

Former Intern - Gas Operations Intern in San Ramon, CA
    Former Intern - Gas Operations Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained some good engineering experience. The internship is what you make it. Sometimes my boss was really busy so I used the opportunity to learn from other engineering departments. I learnt a lot. Everyone was really nice, willing to help you with whatever questions you had. Had opportunity to go out to the field with other engineers. I think it is something about the company but people really go out to help you. You meet smart, funny and really humble people here. Intern social events were also preety good. I would recommend taking an internship with them. Pay is good too. If you have a good personality and are willing to learn, it should be a lot of fun.

Cons

Nothing really. Engage interns with more projects.

Advice to Management

Engage interns with more projects.

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture Variety of work Atmosphere People are very helpful and willing to teach newer employees Location Benefits Work-life balance

Cons

Systems Old/worn out building Processes Duplication of work at times