Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Not what it used to be...

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent compensation, good work/life balance. benefits are not what they used to be, but, are still above average.

ConsQuality and safe work is not valued here anymore. Speed, cost, and profit drive all facets of the business today. Gone are the days where focus on the customer, safety, and quality are top priorities. The company used to be focused on long term success not short term gains, however, today it is more about pulling every last drop out of revenue from customers to make larger profits. The general offices in SF are filled with folks running the business without any exposure of what's going on in the field. Employees used to be valued and not just tossed away every 2-3 years in a continuous cycle of reorganizations of departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to keeping a solid long term plan in place and truly keep working toward that goal. Value and listen to your experienced employees and truly care about them. Morale is terrible mostly due to constant cutbacks and reorganizations in the same departments every 2 years.

Good Company, Great People

Administrative (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very good pay, benefits are great, and training is provided… Cons: Union employees abuse their rights to not work. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Get some fresh employees in the company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best internship so far in my career

Gas Operations Intern (Former Employee)
San Ramon, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Gained some good engineering experience. The internship is what you make it. Sometimes my boss was really busy so I used the opportunity to learn… Cons: Nothing really. Engage interns with more projects. Advice to Senior Management: Engage interns with more projects. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.