Excellent place to work.

Former Employee - Gas Control Tech in Stockton, CA
Former Employee - Gas Control Tech in Stockton, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, and benefits.Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Some people working there make a sport of causing others trouble, these people are usually well connected, and for some reason tend to get away with it.Some people are treated better then others because of this.People who just want to do their job, without the drama, fall victim to these groups of people. I guess this occurs everywhere, but it shouldn't.

Advice to Management

Don't make decisions based on rumors. Some people show up to work,and others to play games, with others careers.Find out what is really going, on without bias, from the rumor mill, before taking a persons career from them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Contract Software Developer

Former Contractor - Senior Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good mix of experience levels. Senior level staff very willing to work to help new staff learn. Project lead managed work level and schedule very well.

Cons

As a contractor, my interaction with business leaders was limited. I felt that I could have contributed more, but since I was not a company employee, my range of work was too focused.

Advice to Management

Team management changed during the time I worked there. Not communicated well to contract staff members.

2. Great People, Great Company, Great Benefits, sometimes boring job.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor

Pros

Working for PG&E has been a great exp for me! I've learned a lot of new skills in Distribution Operations that I never had before. Management has always been great with me. I can't speak for other departments, but the people I've worked with in Distribution Ops are great people and very helpful! -Great Co-workers and Management -Great Pay -Great Benefits

Cons

I could only think of two cons to be honest: - The job can become very stressful and repetitive while working long hours and sometimes on-call. - Although the company is very large, the locations you are able to work in Ops is very limited and not in the most desirable locations. That being said, you able to move from department to department in PG&E to keep your work life interesting and find better locations to work. This does however require you to have some seniority in the union, which may take some time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Great Job!