Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com
  www.pge.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

I was an instructor for AutoCAD and worked support through Web seminars

Former Employee - Lead Instructor for ACAD2012 in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Lead Instructor for ACAD2012 in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment and reasonable compensation.

Cons

Budget shortfalls led to dismissal

I always felt good about the support I got from my superiors

445 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

best career and learning experience

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros

customers are no.1 priority and safety of the crew

Cons

political infighting, in the management team

listen to your crew cause they are the one's who will make it happen for you, a happy crew means more prosperity and customer's satisfaction will be recognized

Dysfunctional company with decreasing opportunities

Former Employee - Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Company is large and relatively stable since California's PUC will never let this investor-owned utility, the nation's largest, ever go under. It also offers both gas and electric service, given the company more clout. Management locations in San Francisco and San Ramon are excellent for both commuting and lifestyle. It's trying hard to burnish its reputation for safety and service. Decent benefits and average pay.

Cons

The San Bruno natural gas accident of a couple of years ago has shaken the company to its very foundations. It has a severe public relations problem and is trying hard to re-invent itself as a "safety first" company. But the company's processes are terribly disorganized and it has brought in a lot of expensive outside consultants who are wrecking havoc with a traditionally very collegial company culture. Politics reign supreme and everyone is watching their back, especially if they report to these outside consultants or their lieutenants.

It's fine to put new systems in place and try to improve the company's processes, but it's reliance on aggressive and intemperate outside consultants is polluting a culture that worked hard for Californians for decades. It may well be that PG&E will face ever more municipal takeovers given the level of service and attitude of management. Meanwhile, many dedicated employees are losing faith with the company they thought they knew.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric