Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Very stable environment. Committed to being safer.

Current Contractor - Ccsa in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Contractor - Ccsa in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for about one year and have had no issues. They give you the overtime you want as well as the days off that you need with no harassment. There is a well developed culture between the employees.

Cons

When people need technology assistance, It always seems to be an emergency. Maybe management could loosen their grip on their employees a little bit so they do not feel like their life hangs in the balance with every word document.

Keep making positive strides and keep making the safety improvements i have seen implemented in my short time with PG&E.

485 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

Pleasantly surprised...I had low expectations and its worked out well.

Current Employee - Communications and Training Expert in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Communications and Training Expert in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company operates like a large family. Many people have family members who work in the office. There really are all types of people working at this large 100 year old company. In my department there are many intelligent individuals and innovative efforts taking place. People care a lot about our customers and want to do better by them. There is a lot of company sadness about San Bruno. I have been impressed with the diversity in culture, work style, skill, knowledge.

Cons

The company if very hierarchical, leadership holds tight to decision making and often struggles to make decisions. When they do decide, since they often do not consult with or trust their people, they end up making uninformed decisions. There is a lot of favoritism that occurs due to the strong family based culture. If you are the flavor of the quarter you will get the important projects, etc. The company is also often changing and reorganizing. It is great to work towards improvement, but pause and allow something to take hold. Due to the relationship with the CPUC, San Bruno, and other events the company is very risk averse. This is important for safety, but also stifles change, improvement, creativity and growth. Therefore, many aspects are constantly catching up.

Focus on building and establishing trust. This means humbling self and consulting with various layers of the large hierarchy. Make yourself even more accessible.

Lot of opportunities! Great benefits!! Right time to join the company

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities in many functional areas including rotational opportunities. Opportunities to work on many emerging areas such as Solar Power, SmartGrid, Environmental Protection (GHG/cap and trade) just to name a few. New leaderships attracting industry leaders. Great people to work with.

Cons

Reactive rather than pro-active because of the current regulatory environment. Negative media coverage can be demoralizing.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric