There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Solutions Marketing Department

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros

Great colleagues, awesome team to work with daily - including internal clients and external agencies. I was a part of the team when the department was young and growing and it was exciting to be a part of that effort for several years. Have made a lot of lifelong friends and connections. PG&E is also really willing to invest in your professional growth/development with classes/seminars.

Cons

Limited opportunity for growth - already top heavy in the management arena for the marketing department specifically
New management came on board in late 2012 and the atmosphere/culture became a lot less enjoyable
Too many politics - both internally and with the regulatory entities - it prevents work from getting done and progress from being made

Try to do better at listening to your employees and ACT upon what they are telling you in how things can be improved. There is a lot of 'acknowledgement' of the problems but no action to truly fix it. Lots of great talent has been lost and without implementing some changes, more will likely go too.

reviews filtered by

Depends on your manager as to how good your experience can be

Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Last year I loved working for an intelligent engaged manager. I was re-orged into a group that has the worst manger I have ever worked for in my 30 years of employment.

Cons

Continuing on with this horrible year, my current manager does not know what he is doing. He will give me an assignment and then change it in the next few days. He is ineffective, could care less about his employees and has not sense of what his group is about. The employees are very overworked and HR knows about the lack of sufficient resources for projects.

My group includes highly educated individuals. Senior management should listen to the employees and give them credit for exposing a manager that is one of the worst I have encountered. Ensure there are sufficient resources for projects.

2. Good company

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric

Pros

Opportunities for growth, outstanding benefits and work-life balance

Cons

Could improve on stuffy culture

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric