There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Great people, Culture needs big time updates

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super smart and friendly people, great growth opportunities, great leadership

Cons

The SF PG&E offices haven't updated the dress code since the 80’s.

Update our dress code Its time! Dressy casual (Jeans dressed up) has arrived and works for literally every other successful company that surrounds us in San Francisco. Walking around the SF offices feels entirely old and stuffy! And it impacts the energy. An updated look will not only reenergize people but will attract a younger generation of employees.

405 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

Depends on your manager as to how good your experience can be

Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - IT Individual Contributor in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Last year I loved working for an intelligent engaged manager. I was re-orged into a group that has the worst manger I have ever worked for in my 30 years of employment.

Cons

Continuing on with this horrible year, my current manager does not know what he is doing. He will give me an assignment and then change it in the next few days. He is ineffective, could care less about his employees and has not sense of what his group is about. The employees are very overworked and HR knows about the lack of sufficient resources for projects.

My group includes highly educated individuals. Senior management should listen to the employees and give them credit for exposing a manager that is one of the worst I have encountered. Ensure there are sufficient resources for projects.

great pay and benefits culture of fear

Former Employee - Cable Splicer  in  Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Cable Splicer in Stockton, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the pay and benefits are excellent.there are several ways to advance your career.large service territory so in time you will be able to work in area you want.

Cons

there is no backup from supervisors.will work you in to the ground then when you make mistake they will not stand by you.this is due to the fact that upper managment has them in fear of loosing thier job.

you have a lot of good and talented people.talk to them. listen to them.you send out surveys but they never seem to amount to anything at least while i worked there.everytime we got new senior management they put in new mandates without seeing what worked and what didnt.the co preaches saftey but in certian areas such as crew size and staffing levels the dollar always came first.qne of my biggest complaints was that when we had meetings with senior managment [vps and above] when you asked question they could talk for 5 minutes and still not answer the question

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!