There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

great pay and benefits culture of fear

Former Employee - Cable Splicer in Stockton, CA
Former Employee - Cable Splicer in Stockton, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the pay and benefits are excellent.there are several ways to advance your career.large service territory so in time you will be able to work in area you want.

Cons

there is no backup from supervisors.will work you in to the ground then when you make mistake they will not stand by you.this is due to the fact that upper managment has them in fear of loosing thier job.

you have a lot of good and talented people.talk to them. listen to them.you send out surveys but they never seem to amount to anything at least while i worked there.everytime we got new senior management they put in new mandates without seeing what worked and what didnt.the co preaches saftey but in certian areas such as crew size and staffing levels the dollar always came first.qne of my biggest complaints was that when we had meetings with senior managment [vps and above] when you asked question they could talk for 5 minutes and still not answer the question

418 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

Senior SAP ABAP consultant

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time

Pros

Very good Benefits, Perks, Relative stability

Cons

Leadership, Outdated Technology, Slow paced environment

Contractor- 8 Mo's

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

PG&E pays well and has many open temporary contract roles available at any given time. The company is centrally located for commuters using public transportation.

Cons

The culture is terribly antiquated and lifeless. Employees wait to be told what to do and are not proactive or enthusiastic. I found most people to be very nice however there is no passion or energy to innovate or improve processes or the status quo.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric