There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Great people, opportunities within the company

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time

Pros

work-life balance, great benefit, training, dedicated people, industry leader

Cons

heavily regulated, slow to make decision

reviews filtered by
  1. Family oriented company

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Autonomy of work, salary, work life balance

Cons

Large company highly regulated by Government but is not really a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Trust and empower your people

There was good and bad but I really struggled with not being paid as much as everyone else

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance. Granted I worked in Operations and as a Contractor for this company and the flexibility of my schedule was great. And when I moved to Program Management, my work life balance got even better. As long as you get your work done, that is the main focus. If you need to leave early or work from home, you just need to let your manager know. Granted this is dependent on your manager but I was lucky enough to work for people who allowed for this flexibility. As a program manager, I was really able to own my program and make the decisions on how to make it run effectively. Raises and bonuses come every year for the time that I worked here.

Cons

Although, most people say the pay is great, I did not experience this. I came in severely underpaid and never got to where I should have been even with several raises. Management did not work to ensure I was paid fairly and I knew everyone else was being paid more than me.

Technology is so behind. It hinders getting things accomplished on a daily basis.

Career Paths aren't clear and it is hard to move up here unless you are friends with the right people. It is not how much work you do or how smart you are, it's all about who you know. Granted it is probably like that in corporate america period.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people more and make sure you have the right people doing the right jobs. Please please invest in technology to make the business run better and more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric