Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com
  www.pge.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

materials handlers

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work and life is awesome
great coworkers
stable
good pays and benefit

Cons

job bidding
old equipment
union dues suck

445 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric (View Most Recent)

The Good and Bad

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you pass a 9 month probation you are golden on the call center
    Benefits are cheap but they have high deductibles
    Easy job

Cons

Awful shift bids
    As a new employee information is only given if you know the questions to ask or you have a friend who can tell you
    Mid Managers build leadership teams based on who they know vs the best candidate

Find a balance between promotions based on the bidding seniority process and the best candidates and their experience

There was good and bad but I really struggled with not being paid as much as everyone else

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance. Granted I worked in Operations and as a Contractor for this company and the flexibility of my schedule was great. And when I moved to Program Management, my work life balance got even better. As long as you get your work done, that is the main focus. If you need to leave early or work from home, you just need to let your manager know. Granted this is dependent on your manager but I was lucky enough to work for people who allowed for this flexibility. As a program manager, I was really able to own my program and make the decisions on how to make it run effectively. Raises and bonuses come every year for the time that I worked here.

Cons

Although, most people say the pay is great, I did not experience this. I came in severely underpaid and never got to where I should have been even with several raises. Management did not work to ensure I was paid fairly and I knew everyone else was being paid more than me.

Technology is so behind. It hinders getting things accomplished on a daily basis.

Career Paths aren't clear and it is hard to move up here unless you are friends with the right people. It is not how much work you do or how smart you are, it's all about who you know. Granted it is probably like that in corporate america period.

Invest in your people more and make sure you have the right people doing the right jobs. Please please invest in technology to make the business run better and more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric