There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Life

Great Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newport Beach, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Pacific Life

Pros

Autonomous work environment and flexibility to take up additional projects

Cons

Limited conversation with people from other subsidiaries at Pacific Life

90 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Life (View Most Recent)

It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Life

Pros

- You get to "buy" a week of vacation and have the opportunity to sell back any unused days at the end of the year
    - Nice, new building (if you're in the Life Division) -- The Newport location is in a better location, though
    - Flexible work hours/vanpool

Cons

As my headline indicates, this is what one of my bosses told me. That boss was the epitome of it! Most (if not all) the supervisors in my department don't even know the business. Several of them are in their manager's office every day, showering them with flowers and praise. Guess that's how they get cushy pay increases and maintain their jobs (although I'd like to know exactly what they do all day because helping their associates is NOT one of them!).

There was a new supervisor job posting and one person who didn't get the job was told by senior management that this person would be on the side of the associates, NOT management. It's apparent that the hourly workers are looked way down upon by the almighty senior management.

Those who work the most, get paid the least and are the least respected.

You all should realize that change is sometimes a necessity. Hiring "yes" men and brown-nosers is not the way to run a successful department/company. I believe in karma. So, if you like screwing over the worthy associates, then expect to get yours some day.

Overall good working experience, no major complaints.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Pacific Life

Pros

Supportive of gaining industry designations. Overall benefits package good. Easy to work with other departments. Decent opportunuties for bonuses. Management is easily approachable.

Cons

Not much room for advancement depending on the location. No vision coverage, medical and dental options not as good as I've seen at other insurance companies. Sometimes get the reasoning "things have always been done that way" and it seems a waste to suggest new ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Life

Worked for Pacific Life? Contribute to the Community!