There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Life

Not a bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Omaha, NE

I worked at Pacific Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive Salary, Good Training, friendly coworkers.

Cons

Target sales are way too high for the economy that we are in right now.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Life (View Most Recent)

Feels like a slow death

Former Employee - AIS  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - AIS in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Pacific Life full-time

Pros

EVT EVT EVT EVT EVT!!!

Cons

It feels like a slow death working in the annuities customer service department. I have never felt so under appreciated for such a thankless job. The pay SUCKS for what you are required to understand and the information that you need to know never stops growing. Now they want our department to become a one stop shop. What a joke!!! Wow, it feels like you are being buried alive. If you show signs of cracking under the pressure, they will then ostracize you. How can anyone be expected to be an expert on advanced topic that you may only discuss every couple of months??? It's really sad actually for the burnt out AIS' struggling through call after call after call ALL DAY LONG!

I heard HR came in recently to sit with the hand picked AIS' cleverly choosen by mgmt. Mgmt is desparately trying to hide the truth. Mgmt would never let HR sit with someome who might be a little
    too honest. HR, you are dumb! Trusting the enemy!

We were finally told we can stand up and stretch... THANKS HR!

You will never know how happy I am to finally be out of PL. My new job is great and I now have some joy back in my life. More $$$ too!

Any person considering this place for employment needs to RUN!! It might look good at first but nothing could be farther from the truth.

The older sup needs to GO! She has a little ceasar syndrome. The other sups and DC's are okay but she only pretends to be supportive. If you rub her wrong or challenge her in the slightest way, you will become her next target. One older man was fired because of her arrogance. She also works longer hours because apparantly she has no life. Really sad to watch!!!

Peace out PL peep!

Get more suckers in there so the call board isn't red lighting all day long! Oh, I forgot, you can't keep the center fully staffed because they leave as fast as humanly possible.

If you have a family, its a horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Annuity Information Specialist  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Annuity Information Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at Pacific Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, Nice pay, Clean area, Nice building overall, Free coffee---but not past 10am. Free Series 6 license.

Cons

The archaic attendance policy. If you have a family or any medical issues, you will not do well here. In fact once they learned I needed to have surgery, I was given my walking papers and informed that my medical benefits would run out at the end of the month---knowing that my surgery was scheduled for the first of the next month.

Management claims to always be there to help. However, if you try to get anyone on the phone or in person to assist you---you're told to look it up. However, you've wasted your 3 minute hold time in order to try to look it up on your own first obviously, and management is still no help. My OJT'er was late on 3 occassions and since I could not log into my phone until my OJT'er was at my desk---I got 3 occurrences 3 days in a row for being late. No joke. Only I was never told they were occurrences at the time. Supervisors are a joke with the two in Omaha being on such power trips it would cause you to almost want to stab yourself in the eye with a thumbtack---one of the many you'll need to provide yourself for the ENDLESS amount of paperwork they give you to learn.

Supervisors never had one-on-one meetings, even when they were scheduled and you were told "Sorry, I got busy--we'll do it next week". Never had a single performance review while I was there. But everytime I would walk to my supervisors desk she was on her cellphone playing Angry Birds or on Craigslist looking for apartments.

The training is lack-luster. They cram a bunch of stuff into your head that has nothing to do with what you'll actually need to learn to do your job. Mock calls are a joke. You will spend 90% of your training time doing Mock Calls and you'll realize that the 20 minutes you spent on actual material (with the trainer going on about her dates from the night before or her diet/gym routine) were not sufficient. In fact I still have no idea what the Pacific Index Choice product is. Not to mention the need for two monitors is apparent. Having to run 15 programs on a 15" screen is ludacris.

You get to purchase EVT at the beginning of the year ---an extra week or two of PTO that you can use throughout the year. However, if you're hired on as a temp in October, even though you're working there through the New Year---you do not qualify to opt in to this program. You're stuck with working your proverbial arse off to accumulate enough time off to go to a doctors appointment.

Once got sick to the point I could not talk. Went into work anyways asking if there was anything else I could do ---felt fine, voice just wasn't there. Was told to go home. This counted as an occurrence against me, even though I showed up asking for work to do.

Updates to the material and information you need to know are endless and you'll get numerous notifications of this material throughout the day. 5-6 updates a day is NOT uncommon. Additionally, you're expected to know this material immediately (and read all of it WHILE you're on the phone). Only to find out your supervisors have no idea what you're talking about when you ask a question about it. They didn't feel the need to read it, they don't do anything all day anyway.

OJT is a joke, and your trainer will spend more time doodling or playing on their cellphone than actually listening to your calls. The only feedback you'll get is on your opening and closing. They ignore anything of substance in your calls. OJT days will be the worst days you have.

The work environment is very solitary. You are confined to your cube for the entire shift minus your 30 minute lunch, your 15 min morning break and 10 min afternoon break. You have no time to even get to know your co-workers. I worked next to the same people for over 6 months and I think I learned 2 people's names.

The database is incorrect a lot of the time, or offers conflicting information. You are not permitted to transfer calls to other departments at any time without following the "Call Transfer Guidelines". Even if a manager told you previously to go ahead and transfer it, you'll get a call review and another manager will nail you on it. The supervisors have NO clue what they're doing.

Revamp your occurrence schedule. Actually listen to a circumstance (like an OJT'er being late) before reprimanding. Attendance policies need to be in effect for everyone there (I know my supervisor alone was absent at least 12 times while I was there but somehow managed to keep her job---in a 2 month period). Allow your employees to STAND up and stretch. Being yelled at for not "sitting" for 8 hours straight is ridiculous. UT time is ridiculous. Took 114 calls one day and got reprimanded for not meeting UT time.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Life

Worked for Pacific Life? Contribute to the Community!