There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Office Automation

Excellent Company to Work For, Culture of Winning

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best Training Program in the industry, I don't care how good you are they will make you better. Integrity, Excellent leadership in particular, Doug Patasi, John Bigelow, Terry Newsome,...I was in sales but their service department is excellent.

Cons

None, they make mistakes from time to time like everyone else, but they are quick to fix them.

Keep your eyes open for new sales reps.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Office Automation (View Most Recent)

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have witnessed the growth of this company personally and it is electric. SInce 1976, POA has never had a year of negative growth. Now, as the largest independent copier dealer in the US we have the resources to help our clients when problems occur. POA turnover is less than 28% (sales) company wide. The industry standards for turnover are close to 40% in the same field. Our management is key, current and x-employees would agree that the trainning you recieve is unpresidented to any other program out there. The more you sell the more people will have an opprotunity to make. Promotions and career advnacement happen quickly as new markets for our company our openning up on a yearly basis. I was lucky to find a company that would trust promoting me to management at the age of 23. While working I also coach for both of my kids teams which is great balance. POA is very involved in the community if you google Pacific Office Automation "news" you will see there are many of accolades that we have received including "life time achievement" awards from the manufactures we represent.

Cons

The frist two years can be tough in the POA sales career. You typically work more hours and it can be very demanding. Technical sales require a lot of product knowledge no way around it. Show me a good sales career out there where you do not make a tremendous investment in the frist two years? This is hard sales and if someone lacks motivation in this job they will most likey fail.

Our processes in place are great and this is proven by our great successes

I feel cheated.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pacific Office Automation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job is interesting and you will enjoy it - but you better work from 7 am to 7pm everyday.

Cons

The company is cheap. They will start you so called "Draw" and make you pay that back - forget the word Salary if you want to work here. Plus, they don't want to pay for the quality employees bring to the table. They want to give you as little as possible and make you beg to be paid what they should be paying you.

Its a tough job and employee turnover is really high; don't just give the good leads to the top tier who don't need them to make numbers anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Office Automation

Worked for Pacific Office Automation? Contribute to the Community!