Company in Transition

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, for the most part, but company's business model needs to be revamped if they are going to get out of their current negative performance

Cons

Tough business, small to non-existent profit margins, some leadership doesn't know the business and it shows. Poor morale. Company needs to reinvent itself to succeed.

Advice to Management

Industry is changing--patients are there, but company needs to find a new approach.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Total confusion and outdated communication.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Amherst, NY

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Could have been a good place to work if people learned to openly communicate.

Cons

Never appreciated good, hard-working, honest associates.

Advice to Management

New management at the top needed.

2. I like the job, I hate the way it is managed!

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Paid vacation, major holidays and 6 paid sick days per year. Local manager understanding reality of what is happening out in the field. Pretty flexible compared to other jobs.

Cons

Most horrible management coming out of corporate. They sit there in their puzzle palace and make stupid accounting decisions rather than providing great customer service! We have way more returns than actual setups. As a technician, we are treated like we don't know anything and are paid dirt. They cancelled the on call answering service and the dumb "customer care center" called me getting mad trying to figure out who is actually on call. They said we need to figure that out. I can care less, that is not our responsibility THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT!! A very sad case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Customers tell me that the reason why they stay with us is because of the technicians that serve them. They hate dealing with the customer care center. They mess everything up including the patients delivery days. Horrible, horrible place to work unless you like to mess around all day. Some techs don't come in until 11AM and nothing is said about it...ridiculous work load on some days and seriously underpaid! Reconsider working here!

Advice to Management

Come out from the puzzle palace and come out in the field to face reality. Ya'll are dumber than a box of rocks! Take care of your people and get local management in every center to manage the facilities not a District Operations manager for 4-5 spread out centers. Your techs deserve more money and we know more than you guys think we do! Get real training going on rather than all hands calls and web ex's. Make your niche customer service rather than cutting costs all of the time!