There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Pulmonary Services

PPS is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novato, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pros

Executives listen to feedback from the employees and act upon them as they can make a difference.

Cons

Lack of procedure in place but I see that as a good thing to make the job as yours

Keep listening to your employees, it really does make a difference.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Pulmonary Services (View Most Recent)

Growing company with solid values serves basic healthcare needs. A job I can feel good about!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pros

Coming from the mortgage industry, it is great working for a company in healthcare that provides basic services (respiratory care) that allow patients to remain healthy and at home. Rather than apologizing for my work, I can be proud of what the company does. Plus, PPS was purchased by a Japanese conglomerate who is funding our expansion...it is exciting to work in an environment of high growth, investment in training and technology, an aggressive recruiting policy for top-notch hires...pretty incredible given the 2009 economy. Because we are growing so fast the work pace can be intense and also is stimulating. Lots of chances to pitch in on projects of interest and to make a contribution...lots of opportunities for growth. The people here are great...fun, intelligent and innovative.

Cons

Some growing pains...keeping pace with the growth rate (lots of acquisitions plus organic growth) is a challenge and change is a constant. Not a good job for the 9 to fiver who thrives on routine. Another drawback is our dependence on Medicare reimbursement (a majority of respiratory care patients are elderly) and how cuts and policy changes can impact the bottom line from one year to the next.

The rapid expansion of the company has let to an expansion of the management team with lots of new, potentially great, hires. I hope that they are given a free rein to make changes necessitated by our growth. I guess I'd advise the leaders to provide the space and resources for the expanded team of managers to grow with the company. Also communication within the company is essential, and should be a priority.

Great services, miserable place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pros

There were definitely some talent and very creative people on the senior management team. The services they sell are needed and provided in a highly customer centric manner.

Cons

Many of the senior managment team have been with the company a very long time and are not open to new ideas. There is quite a bit of in-fighting and pettiness between the senior management team. Work-life balance is virtually unheard of and people are evaluated by how much time they put in at the office, not the quality of their work. Feedback is inconsistent and dependent on the most recent comment someone has made abou you, not your performance.

Peter Kelly needs to reevaluate the roles of his senior management team and not have everyone involved in every decision. Collaboration is positive, but can become stifling when over used.when over used.when over used.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Pulmonary Services

Worked for Pacific Pulmonary Services? Contribute to the Community!