There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Pulmonary Services

Horrible

Current Employee - Technician
Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

What pros? There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Horrible management, no work life balance. Management allowed to run amuck.

reviews filtered by

Four Words: myopic, draconian, provincial and impoverished

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Novato, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice location for Corporate HQ in Novato. Nice office space in HQ.

Cons

The four words I would use to describe Pacific Pulmonary’s culture are: myopic, draconian, provincial and impoverished. I estimate line and mid-management staff are paid 20-25% below the general labor market. Teams are stretched so thin that salaried people work 10-12 hours a day and rarely take vacations. Director level and above staff, however, appear to work eight hours a day. There is tremendous hypocrisy between what management requires of staff and how they themselves perform. IT infrastructure is outdated and help desk support is non-existent. There is no orientation program, no on boarding program and no one has any bandwidth to even take on those functions and roles informally. Everything is trial and error and hunt and peck learning. Management takes a command and control style approach to managing because they have nothing positive to offer staff to incentivize and motivate them, so they resort to more negative approaches to keep people at their desks and working. Friends and acquaintances that applied to and interviewed for positions there are not communicated with appropriately in the process. As one friend of mine said who interviewed there, “I was not impressed.” Also worth mentioning, there’s a revolving door (not a surprise), low morale (understatement) and the fact that people don’t really talk to each other at all.

Get into 21st Century management practices. Open your eyes, ears, minds and hearts. If the business can't be saved then close it down with some compassion. If it is to be saved it is because you stopped treating your staff like assembly line workers in the 19th century and started treating them like the creative talented contributors so many of them are.

PPS was a good place to work but has many industry challenges

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pacific Pulmonary Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the benefits, and you get to help people. If you do your job, you are okay and may even be recognized. It was always a very fair company to me. They seem to get alot of bad reviews but there were alot of layoffs in the past 2 years so that may be a contributing factor.

Cons

Commission became harder to make with all the new Medicare laws. It is definately not the best place in the world to work, but you could do alot worse. It's not that I do not recommend the company, I don't recommend the industry.

Listen to the field and if you say things are going to happen or change, make them happen faster.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Pulmonary Services