There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Seafood

Many Things Need Improvement

I have been working at Pacific Seafood

Pros

Decent benefits
Alot of new knowledge

Cons

The wrong people get promoted and responsibility they cannot handle
Some Sales managers are not competent
Should leave emotions out of the work place.
Time off first full year: 3 days

Make sure persons you hire for management positions attain their position through their own merit and experience and not because they tell you what you want to hear, constantly.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Seafood (View Most Recent)

Hired as an intern from PSU (go Vickings) with 3 months left in college....Now full time.

Current Employee - Export Documentation in Clackamas, OR
    Current Employee - Export Documentation in Clackamas, OR

I have been working at Pacific Seafood full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had high expectations going in....This is a large company that has made the local papers for its excellence. After my first few weeks I noticed a vast majority of team members I met had been with the company for years....A high number of years...so not a lot of turnover here which is a good sign for someone seriously looking for a career job. Secondly, they really invest in their employees...treating us like an asset more than a number. Seriously...yoga in the conference room..yes please! Even thought Im 1 out of hundreds of employees...it feels like I MEAN something to the company and they appreciate what I contribute....this is SO important when choosing to work for a company rather than for yourself because they give you ownership of the tasks you're assigned....and freedom as to how and when you accomplish them...Pacific thrives off of innovation, creativity and most of all teamwork. They've show this in a rewarding way for me.... financially and emotionally. I can say I never really saw myself working in the fish industry....but the company itself and the people I work with are amazing..and the pay is pretty great too. As a bonus Ive got a pretty amazing and established team to learn from. Cheers and good luck to all of you searching for the right fit.
    -Courtney
    Export Documentation
    #teamSpencer

Cons

Don't plan summer vacations.
     #fishingseason
    Don't plan on sleeping in like I was used to. However...early mornings lead to an earlier time to leave...maybe. Definitely don't be the first to leave.
    Be prepared to work hard, well with others under pressure and long seasonal hours.

Good company- high pressure environment

Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Portland, OR

I have been working at Pacific Seafood full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, family oriented, room to grow if you're flexible and willing to relocate as needed. Hard working, ambitious teams. Most people here are Type A.
    Always creating new opportunities and always growing. Positive outlook for the future.

Cons

Warring departments, which creates defensiveness and animosity between people who should be able to support each other. Heads roll at times, so there is a lot of CYA and finger pointing when issues arise. There are many sub companies under the umbrella, and each has their own culture and processes. All are high-pressure. I have worked at Pacific in three different cities, and they are all completely different.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Seafood