There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Awful

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its fun at first to work there. Really positive .

Cons

Pay sucks. After a while they burn you out and you are always taking your work home with you. They work you like a store manager when you're an assistant. After a certain point there is no more opportunity to grow in the company. Unless you want to be a store manager but for what they get paid it isn't worth it.

Its not my job to do yours

386 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear (View Most Recent)

Very hard to meet expectations.

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear for less than a year

Pros

.Great discount program (5, 50% off's per month or 35% off regularly)
    .Specific training on what PacSun 'means' and what it's about.
    .Management is close and the company encourages working together
    .Fair pay for every position lower than store manager.
    .PacSun has struggled with 'Who are we?' for quite some time but it has finally rediscovered it's niche. Unfortunately that niche is not as popular as it would like it to be.

Cons

.As of Summer, 2012, the company is floundering and pushes an -extremely- aggressive selling environment. If you are new to retail or have established an aggressive selling strategy yourself, you will benefit from this company. If you have established your own selling method, you will struggle to meet expectations.
    .The company makes it very difficult to do your job. In higher-volume stores especially, you have higher expectations than are attainable, always. The question becomes 'How much can I get done to get in the least amount of trouble?'
    .My previous job in management it took 15-20 minutes to close the store operationally. PacSun has an extremely UNstreamlined, wasteful, and redundant operations system overall and is a huge waste of time.
    .Higher-ups such as DMs and Regionals are seldom heard from and turnover in these sort of positions are very high, making familiarity and networking within the company difficult.
    .You are not permitted to wear clothing from competitors like American Eagle or Hollister. I had a lot of American Eagle jeans I couldn't wear and had to replace for this job.
    .Sometimes it seems like the company wants to blame it's employees for it's losses due to sales when perhaps the wounds are self-inflicted because of poor marketing and outreach strategies.
    .Despite what the company promotes/what it would like you to believe, the company is CLOSING locations and there are few opportunities for advancement.

STREAMLINE your operations systems! The company is making it VERY hard for it's people to do it's job!

Hard times. Big sacrifices.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to climb ranks and gain title.

Cons

No work life balance. Abuse salaried employees.

Adopt Servant Leadership model and stick with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!