There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

PacSun

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stylish staff, friendly regional managers, decent work ethics, and on trend deigns on both store front and clothing carried.

Cons

Definitely a little unorganized. They have began shutting down the "original" stores which are what PacSun grew from! They closed down my store which was one of the first 50 stores ever opened.. The refresh stores are small, cramped, and over packed with racks and tables. They also usually only hire under the age of 25 (IMO, I have never seen anyone over 25 working in the 3 stores I worked for) If you are over that age, do not even bother. The managers are trained to have a young, hip staff, which means are 16-20 years old and with no retail experience. Do not expect high of the staff as they are all usually new to the retail industry. Everyone associate that worked at my store (I was the manager) was under 20. I was the store manager at 18 years old. They are also very stringent on pay and overtime. If you go over your hours, you are cut the following week to make up for the money they lost having to pay you extra. As compared to other retail stores, you will not make as much as an associate elsewhere.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear (View Most Recent)

Great first job.

I worked at Pacific Sunwear

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Pac was the atmosphere. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Customers genuinely feel valued, and the employees really get along well.

Cons

There aren't always a ton of hours available. If you're a high school student looking to pick up a few shifts a week and some job experience, it's a good deal, but if you're trying to make more than just some spending money, I don't know how well it would work for you.

Terrible experience

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear full-time for more than a year

Pros

None really. Overall a terrible experience. Upper management is not supportive and can be harsh with expectations and criticism. The only pro was that the company used to pay pretty well but has started to cut back and become more frugal with salaries.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, non supportive upper management. Management is basically forced to work 40+ hours, some off the clock just to get everything done. Payroll is always a problem. Floorsets and window changes are intensive, many times requiring carpentry skills. Stores with all female staff struggle with building and even just lifting all the heavy display props.

Upper management should be more invested in their employees happiness within the workplace. Happy employees generate better sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

Worked for Pacific Sunwear? Contribute to the Community!