Pacific Sunwear

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

PacSun

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stylish staff, friendly regional managers, decent work ethics, and on trend deigns on both store front and clothing carried.

Cons

Definitely a little unorganized. They have began shutting down the "original" stores which are what PacSun grew from! They closed down my store which was one of the first 50 stores ever opened.. The refresh stores are small, cramped, and over packed with racks and tables. They also usually only hire under the age of 25 (IMO, I have never seen anyone over 25 working in the 3 stores I worked for) If you are over that age, do not even bother. The managers are trained to have a young, hip staff, which means are 16-20 years old and with no retail experience. Do not expect high of the staff as they are all usually new to the retail industry. Everyone associate that worked at my store (I was the manager) was under 20. I was the store manager at 18 years old. They are also very stringent on pay and overtime. If you go over your hours, you are cut the following week to make up for the money they lost having to pay you extra. As compared to other retail stores, you will not make as much as an associate elsewhere.

469 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear (View Most Recent)

Worst experience of my life

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people. The people I worked with were amazing! I will forever be friends with these ladies and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Cons

Floorsets are horrible and make no sense. They expect too much to be done with limited number of hours and employees. Also, this company has more women then men workers so doing the tasks as a women are VERY DIFFICULT. The management is horrible and the company is a mess. Too much stress for a minimum wage job. Horrible.

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT

Fun environment to work in, the customers were the best!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Pacific Sunwear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good discount, great benefits, awesome customers!

Cons

to much work not enough pay, carpenter and skilled craftsman should be part of the qualifications!

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear