Pacific Sunwear

www.pacsun.com
  www.pacsun.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear

They overstaffed and didn't off enough hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at Pacific Sunwear part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount was probably the best part of the job. It was a cool story and they had good product. It was also kept relatively clean and organized even during peak hours.

Cons

I only worked three hour shifts and they were few and far between. Also, I did not like the selling aspect of the store because they were incredibly pushy and it made my customers uncomfortable.

Do not hire more employees than you are able to take on and do not be so detached from reality that you think that customers want to be bothered during the entire duration of their shopping experience. It was excessive and drove out just as many customers as it dragged it.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Sunwear (View Most Recent)

Revealing

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Waldorf, MD

I worked at Pacific Sunwear full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dress code is relaxed and teaches awesome selling culture.

Cons

No payroll!! Base payroll is 135 hours which with 3 full time managers barely allows for closers. As a manager your literally there alone a lot so your not really a manager your an associate with a manager title. They expect you to sell but also get a ton of tasks done to by yourself. Windows are ridiculous all that stuff you see in them has to be built and they give no extra hours.

Payroll!! if you expect stores to function and have gains you need to spend a little to make gains that's why your closing stores. Plus hiring only ppl that are brand relevant is not top talent. You need people who are about the business.

Great work atmosphere and company culture, just wish company stock could start moving upwards again!

Former Employee - Intern in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Pacific Sunwear as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was part of PacSun's intern program. It was very well structured and gave interns an opportunity to create and present a business proposal collaboratively. Nearly everyone I met at PacSun was very friendly and seemed happy to work there. Employees get great discounts at clothing stores-- and personally, I think PacSun clothing is overall good quality.

Cons

PacSun stock has not been doing great in past years, which is disheartening not only to upper management, but to other company employees. This isn't a huge deal, because PacSun's cafe does a good job of providing different food options, but there aren't many great places to eat nearby. PacSun corporate is in an industrial part of Anaheim that sometimes feels like the middle of nowhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Sunwear