Pacifica Hotel Company

There are newer employer reviews for Pacifica Hotel Company

Great!

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Pacifica Hotel Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work in the most beautiful place in the country.

Cons

Not much, no more then any other hospitality carrier

Keep doing a good job and improving the company so we all have a place to be proud of.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Pacifica Hotel Company (View Most Recent)

They also own memory care units across the US

I worked at Pacifica Hotel Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent caring management team in my area. They are fighting a corporate penny-pincher (Pacifica) to do the right thing by residents who are essentially helpless (they have Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia).

Cons

Horrific pay for caregivers, raises are 2% for all, regardless of performance, they eliminated shift differential, they found a way to cut back on earned vacation and sick leave hours.

Caregivers matter. Quit treating them like disposable wipes. For the record, I was office staff, not a caregiver. How they are treated is heartbreaking, considering how much money people pay to house their loved ones. The place is a revolving door because of poor pay and benefits and overall treatment.

Great Place To Work If Work- Life Balance Is Low On Your List!

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacifica Hotel Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with some great people that really love what they do. You are able to travel and visit properties and really see what beautiful California has to offer. The training team and programs are awesome, as well the rest of the staff- very friendly and always willing to help! Great salary compensation for most corporate employees. You will have the freedom to suggest new projects and try new things. You will have many social events together to bond and have fun with your team. Volunteerism is highly valued there, which is something to be admired.

Cons

Work life balance is essentially non-existent in some departments. Be prepared to be micro-managed, and sometimes watched while working. Projects are sometimes held up with red tape and waiting on a lengthy approval process from management. You will be questioned taking time off for any type of appointment, and they are strict on what working hours are- do not vary from those times set. Benefits are lacking, and deductibles are very high. I didn't feel that the company was invested in me as an individual, so I resigned.

Invest in your new employees, make them feel welcome form the start. Be flexible and understand that work life balance is always a companies problem, employees need to feel that they have freedom- sitting 9 hours plus per day doesn't make many happy, and it's not good for them either. Small tweaks will make this business be a top place to work in Orange County!

There are newer employer reviews for Pacifica Hotel Company