Pact (Washington DC)

www.pactworld.org
  www.pactworld.org
There are newer employer reviews for Pact (Washington DC)

Good friendly work environment

Current Employee - Data Visualization Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Data Visualization Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pact (Washington DC) as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Non-Profit organization,nice friendly people to work with

Cons

Constant transfer of employees in different offices

21 Other Employee Reviews for Pact (Washington DC) (View Most Recent)

Pact is, by far, the hardest work I've ever done in my life... but with the most incredible environment!

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager, Global Human Resources in Washington, DC

I have been working at Pact (Washington DC)

Pros

Leadership "gets it!" Open environment, great communication!

Cons

Not enough people know about us!

Great field based work, but HQ has big problems

I have been working at Pact (Washington DC) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pact's field staff are excellent and there's a very high quality standard in implementation at the local level. We are lucky to have such talented people working in the country offices.

At headquarters (HQ): there are great benefits (healthcare & good amt of vacation time). Great technical experts.

Fortunately several major leadership transitions this year have meant that there's mostly new blood at the top. Case in point: the following positions (VP of Finance, VP of HR, COO, and VP of Biz Development) have all changed in 2014 alone. These people are slowly getting their footing. For example there had previously been major morale issues within the fundraising unit; this has improved dramatically, so congrats to the new leadership's accomplishments there.

Cons

- Maternity leave is very short and only applies after 10 or 11 months from your start date at Pact. So if you're pregnant when interviewing, well, you won't have maternity (or paternity) benefits... at least according to official policies.
    - Ongoing restructuring at Pact is leading to a lot of uncertainty. This situation is made worse by the purge of senior leadership ... while the CEO has managed to stay, surprisingly. The constant churn of staff is demoralizing; root issues aren't being addressed.
    - I agree with another reviewer's comments about the CEO: He "talks a good game but doesn't deliver. Something not believable about rhetoric".
    - There's a gender problem at Pact HQ. Senior leadership is dominated by men. Younger staff have had to raise the gender issue internally. For example, there's no official gender policy at Pact. How is that even possible in 2014?

Latest push for growth is purely for ego. Management have acknowledged that budget targets are everything and pretend that this won't harm program quality. Staff are stretched to limits; unclear how we could properly staff these programs even if we were to win all of them. I wish we could just focus at doing our jobs exceptionally well; then our influence would come organically.

I won't recommend my friends working for Pact until the current CEO is gone. He's made his mark; now it's time to move along.

There are newer employer reviews for Pact (Washington DC)