Growing with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pactera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can tryout working in a different functional area, even where I don't have previous experience.
Plenty of opportunity to work abroad.

Cons

Company is getting big, and management layers are increasing.
Doesn't seem to use standardized compensation packages across the board. Employees at the same level in different departments can have different comp schemes.

Work on standardizing processes without suffocating innovation and the start-up spirit.

Other Reviews for Pactera

Great place to build a consulting career

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Pactera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to hiSoft from a big 5 firm and have found tremendous opportunities to grow my consulting career, especially my PM, Leadership, and Business Development skills. The sky is the limit - if you are driven and want to grow, this is the place to do that. There are ample opportunities to earn money for the right behaviors - high utilization, sales commissions at all levels, and referral / lead bonuses. The attitude is one of accountability - it is not a place to hide and coast, but if you want to work hard, there is great opportunity to grow your career.

Cons

Not as structured a career path (2-3 yrs in one role before moving up to the next), and there is an expectation that Managers and above in the consulting organization play an active role in the BD process as well as delivery - this means 40-45 hours of delivery and 5-10 hours of extra contribution - BUT, you see a direct impact and get to watch the firm (and your career) grow.

good organized outsourcing company

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pactera

Pros

If you want to work in outsourcing industries, VanceInfo is good company you can join.

Cons

Probably it's not easy if you want to further grow or you take it as a career

probably should let every employee knows what's long term goals/road maps of the company, where both employee and company grow for both side's benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Pactera.

Worked for Pactera? Contribute to the Community!