Paddy Power
www.paddypowerplc.com Dublin, Ireland 1000 to 5000 Employees

Beneficial for short term finance boost

Dealer (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Paddy Power

ProsMoney is better than rival companies. Although recently due to the competition paying much less they've dropped their rates so not as good as before.

ConsIt's not what you know, it's who you know. Advancing up the ladder requires a level of skill in being seen as a sap and making friends with them too. If you don't get on with everyone higher up or aren't as moronic then you'll be stabbed in the back.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting friends and family, promote based on skill and business power, rather than personal relationships. Even if you don't get on with someone, they're a lot more beneficial than promoting a friend who you've to defend, to everyone, all the time, and eventually gets put back down.....just for example. ;)

Hard work, but good rewards and beginning to get their heads around career plans

Trader (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Paddy Power full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Paddy Power are growing at a rate of knots and it is only recently that the career progression and training process… Cons: Leadership can be cumbersome and there is a long bedding in period before… Advice to Senior Management: Carry on along the recent path and create more defined… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Generally very good

Area Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paddy Power full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Vibrant organisation, exciting and fresh approach - autonomy to explore Cons: New management values and authoritarian approach to leadership Advice to Senior Management: Absorb all experiences, great financial perks and benefits. Too many impulsive decisions that unfortunately… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Paddy Power.

Worked for Paddy Power? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paddy Power reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paddy Power CEO Patrick Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by Paddy Power employees.